Magic Guard is an Ability introduced in Generation IV.
Magic Guard protects the Pokémon from indirect damage, including:
- Damage from the Poison status condition
- Damage from a Burn (though the Attack drop still occurs)
- Damage from Leech Seed or Curse
- Weather damage (hail or sandstorm)
- Recoil damage (e.g. from Head Charge)
- Crash damage from Jump Kick or High Jump Kick
- Damage from Spikes or Stealth Rocks when switching in (Toxic Spikes still poisons the Pokémon but they will not lose HP)
- HP loss from Life Orb (though the move boosts still occur)
Outside of battle
Magic Guard has no effect outside of battle.
Pokemon with Magic Guard
|Pokémon||Types||First Ability||Second Ability||Hidden Ability|
|Mermarine||Water||Fairy||Swift Swim||Magic Guard||Cute Charm|
|Puffle||Ice||Flying||Magic Guard||Ice Body||Gluttony|
|Puffpeak||Ice||Flying||Magic Guard||Ice Body||Gluttony|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.